Sélectionner un manuscrit de cette collection: B26  B242 B243 Vol. 2  S58  23/85
Pays de conservation:
Pays de conservation
Suisse
Lieu:
Lieu
Zürich
Bibliothèque / Collection:
Bibliothèque / Collection
Braginsky Collection
Cote:
Cote
B243 Vol. 1
Titre du manuscrit:
Titre du manuscrit
Bible hébraïque
Caractéristiques:
Caractéristiques
Parchemin · 270 ff. · 32.2 x 26.3 · Evora (Portugal), copié et vocalisé par Isaac ben Ishai Sasson · 1494
Langue:
Langue
Hébreu
Résumé du manuscrit:
Résumé du manuscrit
Le plus ancien colophon de cette bible hébraïque avec des annotations massorétiques (critique textuelle), qui se trouve à la fin du dernier volume (vol. 4), affirme qu’Isaac ben Ishai Sasson l’acheva en 1491 à Ocaña (Espagne). A la fin du volume qui était à l’origine le premier – et aujourd’hui le second (vol. 2) –, une autre annotation affirme que celui-ci fut terminé en 1494 à Evora dans le royaume du Portugal, deux ans après l’expulsion des juifs de Castille. A l’origine, cette bible était divisée en deux volumes et présentait un ordre inhabituel, non canonique, des livres. Au XIXème siècle, elle fut nouvellement reliée et séparée en quatre volumes (vol. 1, vol. 2, vol. 3, vol. 4), ornée d’une reliure en cuir de couleur pourpre et de gravures en or. Au XVIIIème siècle, elle se trouvait dans le Couvent S. Paolo dei Carmelitani Scalzi à Florence, qu’elle quitta pour la Bibliothèque du Vatican probablement après le pillage napoléonien, puis fut vendue déjà en 1827 en Angleterre. Avant de rejoindre la collection Braginsky à Zurich, elle appartenait à la collection de Beriah Botfield. (red)
DOI (Digital Object Identifier):
DOI (Digital Object Identifier
10.5076/e-codices-bc-b-0243-1 (http://dx.doi.org/10.5076/e-codices-bc-b-0243-1)
Lien permanent:
Lien permanent
http://www.e-codices.ch/fr/list/one/bc/b-0243-1
IIIF Manifest URL:
IIIF Manifest URL
IIIF Drag-n-drop http://www.e-codices.ch/metadata/iiif/bc-b-0243-1/manifest.json
Comment citer:
Comment citer
Zürich, Braginsky Collection, B243 Vol. 1: Bible hébraïque (http://www.e-codices.ch/fr/list/one/bc/b-0243-1).
En ligne depuis:
En ligne depuis
17.12.2015
Ressources externes:
Ressources externes
Droits:
Droits
Images:
(Concernant tous les autres droits, voir chaque description de manuscrits et nos conditions d′utilisation)
Outil d'Annotation - Se connecter

e-codices · 20.01.2015, 08:46:51

Im 18. Jahrhundert befand sich diese hebräische Bibel mit masoretischen (textkritischen) Anmerkungen in der Bibliothek des Klosters S. Paolo dei Carmelitani Scalzi in Florenz. Nach der Plünderung des Klosters durch napoleonische Truppen dürfte die Handschrift in die Vatikanische Bibliothek gelangt sein, wie aus einem Eintrag in einem englischen Auktionskatalog von 1827 hervorgeht. Sie blieb in England, bis sie aus der Sammlung des Bibliophilen Beriah Botfield für die Braginsky Collection erworben wurde.
Die ursprünglich zweibändige Handschrift wurde im 19. Jahrhundert neu in vier Bänden gebunden. Der erste Teil umfasste zuvor den Pentateuch und die Hagiografen (die «poetischen» und «historischen» Schriften sowie die fünf Rollen), der zweite Teil enthielt die prophetischen Schriften. Am Schluss des zweiten und heute vierten Bandes notierte der Schreiber Isaak ben Ischai Sason, der auch die Vokalisierungen vorgenommen hatte, er habe das Manuskript im Jahr 1491 in der kastilischen Stadt Ocaña beendet. Am Schluss des ursprünglich ersten und heute zweiten Bandes befindet sich ein weiteres Kolophon, das von einem Schmuckrahmen mit verschlungenen Bandornamenten umschlossen ist. Dieses gibt an, die Handschrift sei 1494 in Evora im Königreich Portugal fertiggestellt worden, zwei Jahre nach der Vertreibung der Juden aus dem spanischen Kastilien. Es mag irritieren, dass Isaak ben Ischai Sason die beiden Teile nicht in der kanonischen Abfolge der biblischen Bücher geschrieben haben soll. Möglicherweise ging der Pentateuch-Teil bei der Vertreibung verloren und musste deshalb ein zweites Mal abgeschrieben werden.
Der kalligrafischen Tradition entsprechend, sind die Wörter des Liedes des Mose (Deuteronomium 32:1–43) in zwei Kolumnen wie übereinandergeschichtete Ziegelsteine arrangiert. Die vertikale Anordnung der Masora magna zu beiden Seiten der Schlusspartie des vorangehenden Textes zeugt von der einfühlsamen Fertigkeit dieses jüdischen Schriftkünstlers.

Aus: Schöne Seiten. Jüdische Schriftkultur aus der Braginsky Collection, Hrsg. von Emile Schrijver und Falk Wiesemann, Zürich 2011, S. 238.

e-codices · 20.01.2015, 08:30:09

In the eighteenth century, this Hebrew Bible with Masorah Magna and Parva was housed in the library of the Convent of the Discalced Carmelites of S. Paolo in Florence. After that library was sacked by Napoleonic forces, the manuscript may have been in the Vatican Library for a short while; the only source for this information is an English auction catalogue of 1827 in which the manuscript appeared. It remained in England until it was acquired from the library of the bibliophile Beriah Botfield for the Braginsky Collection.
Although the manuscript was bound into four volumes in England during the nineteenth century, the original consisted of two parts, each with its own colophon. The first part comprised the Pentateuch and the Hagiographa, while the second contained all the books of the Prophets. At the end of the original second volume, now the fourth volume (page 73), the scribe and vocalizer Isaac ben Ishai Sason stated that he finished copying the manuscript in 1491 in Ocaña, in Castile. At the end of the original first volume, now the second volume, he wrote a colophon with another year of completion, 1494 (page 71).
This appears within a detailed interlaced frame with pen flourishes along the outer and part of the inner borders. He finished this part, however, in Evora, in the Kingdom of Portugal. With his fellow Jews Isaac had been expelled from Spain in 1492 and forced to flee to Portugal, where he copied the Pentateuch and Hagiographa. In the latter colophon the scribe even indicated that it had been two years since the expulsion from Castile. Whether he did indeed copy the manuscript in this unusual order, first Prophets, then Pentateuch and Hagiographa, or whether an original first part got lost as a result of the expulsion, necessitating its replacement, cannot be known.
According to tradition, the text of the Song of Moses, (Ha'azinu) Deuteronomy 32:1–43 (page 74), is ar- ranged as two columns composed of bricks placed one above the other. The vertical arrangement of the Masorah Magna on either side of the single column of text of the end of the chapter that precedes the song, displays Isaac ben Ishai Sason’s keen artistic sensibility.

From: A Journey through Jewish Worlds. Highlights from the Braginsky collection of Hebrew manuscripts and printed books, hrsg. E. M. Cohen, S. L. Mintz, E. G. L. Schrijver, Amsterdam, 2009, p. 70.

Ajouter une annotation
Outil d'Annotation - Se connecter

Schöne Seiten. Jüdische Schriftkultur aus der Braginsky Collection, Hrsg. von Emile Schrijver und Falk Wiesemann, Zürich 2011, S. 238-241.

A Journey through Jewish Worlds. Highlights from the Braginsky collection of Hebrew manuscripts and printed books, hrsg. E. M. Cohen, S. L. Mintz, E. G. L. Schrijver, Amsterdam, 2009, p. 70-75.

Ajouter une référence bibliographique

Images de références et reliure

Plat supérieur
Plat supérieur
Plat inférieur
Plat inférieur